If you would like to apply for financial aid for your club fees, please complete the online request form and submit. You will be able to attach all applicable documentation directly in the form.
Before submitting a Scholarship Application, you are required to read and accept the Scholarship Guidelines. Please read carefully.
It is the intent of Utah Avalanche to provide a competitive soccer experience for all interested youth, regardless of socioeconomic status. A need-based scholarship program has been established to help those families with players who might not otherwise be able to afford club fees. A limited number of scholarships are available to those who qualify.
1. Consideration for a scholarship requires the submission of an application through our website NO LATER THAN 11:59 pm on June 20, 2021.
2. The club requires detailed financial reporting from the parent(s)/guardians(s) of players seeking scholarship assistance. Qualifying documents include previous year’s Tax Filings, and free or reduced lunch through your school district. If your player does not qualify for free or reduced lunch, but you feel you have a need for a scholarship you may submit an application for consideration. Note, players on free or reduced lunch will get first priority in receiving scholarship funds available.
3. Due to the limited number of scholarships available only one full scholarship can be awarded per family.
4. To be eligible for a scholarship, a scholarship player must commit to the club for a year. If the player leaves the club before the year is over the player is responsible for the yearly fee.
5. Players will attend all practices, training sessions, and games. If the player cannot attend the parent will notify the coach in advance to explain the reason for the absence. For returning players, the coach may be contacted to confirm player commitment and attendance the previous year before a scholarship can be awarded.
6. Parents/guardians of scholarship recipients will be required to provide a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer service at one of our club's two tournaments - Avalanche Invitational held in June or Avalanche Mayors Cup held Labor Day Weekend and five additional hours for the Club in other ways approved by the Board of Directors during the year in which the scholarship is being offered. Proof of volunteer service will be required for consideration for future scholarship assistance. Failure to complete volunteer service could result in the player’s scholarship being deactivated and all club fees would need to be paid by the family.
7. Scholarships will be awarded for one year only. Players requiring scholarships for consecutive years need to reapply each year.
8. Scholarship recipients are responsible to pay for the following fees: any UYSA fees, state league fees, uniform fees, tournament fees, any team fees, indoor fees, and travel fees if applicable.